White Chocolate Dipped Pineapple with Sprinkles
It's officially Summer! And you know what that means....bring on the outdoors! One of my favorite things to do in the Summertime is to watch movies outside. Almost 4 years ago, Michael and I had our second date at an outdoor movie screening and watched Ghostbusters. They even had the Ghostbuster mobile on site! So I guess you could say I have a soft spot for these events : ) Oh I can't wait to see the new Ghostbusters remake...but I digress...
Outdoor movie screenings generally have food trucks or local food vendors at the event, which is super convenient, but as a special treat I like to bring my own dessert (and hello, wine of course)!
So today I'm sharing this quick 15 minute pineapple dessert that's perfect for any summer picnic, movie or party. Plus you can't go wrong with fruit, chocolate and sprinkles, am I right?!
- pineapple cut into bite size pieces ( I admit, I was lazy and bought them pre-cut)
- white chocolate chips for melting
- Wilton's melting candy bowl (or microwave safe container)
- toothpicks or bamboo skewers ( I switched to bamboo skewers because it's a lot easier to dip without getting chocolate all over your hands).
- I like using Wilton's melting candy bowl to melt chocolate because it doesn't burn you just need to pop it in the microwave on the defrost setting for about 30 seconds and the chocolate melts without burning.
- Place your container in the microwave and heat according to chocolate manufacturer recommendations. It's important to make sure the chocolate isn't too watery.
- While the chocolate is melting, skewer your pineapples.
- Individually dip the pineapple pieces into the melted chocolate.
- Top with sprinkles and set upright to cool down or place on wax paper.
I hope you're enjoying the first few days of summer and treat yo self! LOL