Make your own photo clips using dyed corks
I'm really excited about working on a huge wall piece for my living room (please check back next week for the exciting reveal). I will say it involves a ton of beautiful wine corks!! But in the meantime, here is a fun and easy photo project I came up with using some of those corks!
Supplies: Wine corks, malleable craft wire, mini clothes pins, exacto knife, your favorite wallet size photos, and fabric dye if you are dying your corks as I have.
If you are dying your corks, just follow the instructions on the back of the box. There are different type of dyes out there so find the easiest one for you. I like the ones that ask you to dissolve the dye in warm water them add it to the corks. The corks will take about 5 days to soak up all the color. Well worth the time thought!
1. Thread wire through clothes pin
2. Pinch the wires tightly together to secure the clothes pin from moving
3. Twist one wire around the other in a spiral
4. Keep twisting into a spiral until you achieve your desired length
5. Follow fabric dye instructions and add corks to the dye. Depending on the dye it will take 1-3 days for the color to take. The brighter the color the shorter the time it takes to dye the wine corks.
6. Use an exacto knife to make a small puncture for the wire
7. Carefully stick the wire into the wine cork
This is a great way to upcycle wine corks into something cute and functional! These are pics of our first year and I just love the way these turned out.
I love finding new ways to up-cycle wine corks. If you have any, I'd love to see your creations!
Also, if you would like the supplies I used delivered straight to your door check out the links below.