I was organizing my closet yesterday and felt my hangers looked pretty plain and boring, which is completely unacceptable! So I went to my local craft store to pick up some simple stencils for this project. But they were having a 4th of July sale and I ended up filling my basket with marked down paints, stamps -for the love of everything scrap booking - Project Life products were 60% off!! So honestly, I couldn't bring myself to pay full price for the stencils. So I came up with this simple way of making stencils using things I already had at home.
Supplies: Wood Hanger, craft paint, paint brush, Scotch Blue painter's tape, parchment paper, ribbon, acrylic sealer or modge podge to set paint, paper puncher (I used hearts)
1. Adhere painter's tape to parchment paper, and use puncher to make your stencil
2. Remove the parchment paper and place the "tape stencil" down on the wood hanger
3. Paint inside your stencil
4. You can reuse the stencil on the other side
5. I used acrylic sealer to set the paint and protect from scratching
6. Use a ribbon and put a bow on it!
These turned out so cute, and I can't wait to make more!