Hey guys! This is project two in my "Crafting with Markers" series! It's no secret that my favorite hour of the day is Happy Hour! So I here is an easy DIY tutorial on how to make these dapper flamingo coasters. Feel free to use the flamingo image I made below as a template for this project.
- Posca markers or ceramic markers
- Flamingo template (download here)
- Black ceramic coasters (I got these from Michaels for under $4)
- Varathane's Spar Urethane clear coat waterproof sealer
1. Cut out flamingo template
2. Use Posca markers to outline the flamingo
3. Fill in the flamingo and add a legs and a cocktail glass! I also added some fun retro patterns to the background
4. Allow marker ink to dry for an hour then spray on a thin layer of the sealer. Allow the sealer to dry for a full 24 hours before using.
What's a dapper Flamingo without a bow tie?!
OMG my brother just told me a random fact about flamingos...apparently they're pretty stinky! LOL! Thanks Xavier...I still love them them though!
Made with love,