I'm so excited to share the first in a series of recipes dedicated to my favorite time of day - afternoon tea and coffee time. These Almond Greek Cookies are extremely easy to make. I spiced them up with the addition of rum, which brings out the almond flavor even more.
Ingredients: 2 1/2 cups self - raising flour, 1 cup confectioner's sugar, 8 oz unsalted butter, 1/4 cup dark rum, 1/2 tablespoon almond flavor, 1/2 cup roasted chopped almonds, 1/2 confectioner's sugar for cookie coating,
Additionally: Cookie sheet, and baking paper. Coconut oil spray is optional.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spay baking sheet with oil or use baking paper.
2. Beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
3. Add rum, nuts, and flour, then mix until dough like.
4. I like to wrap the dough in plastic, and shape like a log, then refrigerate for at least 30 min.
5. Unwrap dough and cut in 1/2 inch sections, place on baking paper/sheet.
6. These cookies like their elbow room, so definitely leave at least an inch between cookies
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on rack.
8. I gave these a little spritz of coconut oil to help coat the confectioner's sugar.